For those of you who attended the BlogHer session “Its not your size, it’s your passion that matters” I did today with Jen Lemen and Krystyn Heide, here’s some ideas for dealing with the Small Bloggers Blues
- Take a break from your site meter
- Redefine success for yourself. List all things your blog does for you (fosters gratitude in your life, helps you hone your craft, organizes your thoughtsâ€¦)
- Write yourself an affirmation. I like this one: â€œMy story matters.â€
- Reach out to another small blogger. Take this feeling that you have about being discouraged or not â€œnot matteringâ€ and take it as a cue that you need to reach out to others who are feeling the same
- Join the SMALL IS BEAUTIFUL google group. (I’ll link to it when it is available.)
- Follow an comment you like back to the commenter’s blog youâ€™ll probably find an inspirational read from someone who shares your values.
- Tag your posts with your name (or nom de plume) and your blog name so like minded souls can find you.
- Remind yourself that you are writing for an audience of one. Make yourself a sticker that says â€œI heart authenticity.â€