There are things I believe in at bedrock levelâ€”ideas I cannot imagine myself without. The kind of stuff you feel like you might carry around in your genetic blueprint.
Yet as strong as my passion is for these ideas, I know the list could change â€“ the list has changed. There are definitely fewer ideologies I feel confident of these days. But if anything, the ones that remain have become stronger, more distilled with age.
These are them, these are they. If I could wear them on a t-shirt I would.
In case you are interested. In case youâ€™d like to know more.
*8 Things: I Believe
1. â€œYou have to use art to preachâ€
2. â€œGod does not have a penis.â€
3. â€œMake dialogue, not debate, your primary language.â€
4. â€œI heart pagans.â€
5. â€œGentlemen, kindly own your own shit.â€
6. â€œChristianity is extending the loving hand of Christ to the world.â€
7. â€œJesus got â€˜jacked.â€
8. â€œI speak patriarchy, but itâ€™s not my mother tongue.â€