For more about *8Things, click here.
Today at BlogHer Iâ€™m writing about two amazing women who listened to their hearts and experienced what seem like miracles.
It’s lead me to realize that the songs my own heart sings to me are not as broad of scope, nor as dramatic in impact. But they have certainly changed my life, and the lives of others. Often my heartâ€™s messages have been as compelling as a sirenâ€™s song â€“ I could no sooner have ignored them as I could have stopped breathing. But right now, in this era, my heart seems to be humming lightly under her breath, and I cannot quite catch the tune.
When the song of my heart is faint, I need to remember the big Broadway choruses she has already belted out. So here, in no particular order, are *8 Songs My Heart Sings.
1. Take this child into your heart.
2. Cultivate this community.
3. Leave behind what no longer functions.
4. Make space for this sensitive soul, she will help you heal your own.
5. Be well. Be well. Be Well.
6. Make a big change.
7. Write, and write, and write some more.
8. Commit to cut, color, andpaste.
What song is your heart singing to you? Itâ€™s okay if you donâ€™t have all the lyrics. Whatever line is ear-worming through your head is fine, just fineâ€¦