Wouldn’t you know it? Â I’m gearing up to write a series of posts forÂ the new Do Less Campaign, and my to-do list is suddenly stressing me out.
Universe, meet Sense of Humor.
Do Less kicks off tomorrow with Why I Keep A Have-Done List. But since it’s *8 Things Thursday, let’s do a little warm-up exercise.Â It’s time to think about what you need to stay healthy and sane on a day-to-day basis. Here’s my basic set:
1. Sleep: I need 8 hours a night, and if my migraines are flaring I grabÂ a nap at 3pm as well.
2. Exercise: A walk or swim and at least 10 minutes of yoga a day is helpful in keeping the migraines and bay.
3. Quiet: My brain hyper-processes all sensory intake, so background noise stresses me out. I work without music or talk radio in the office.
5. Work/Rest Rhythm: This book helped me figure out a good work/rest pattern.Â If my migraines are bad I have to work one hour, rest one hour. One good days I can work 2-3, rest 1. It makes me feel lame, but I’m learning that it is what’s functional for me right now.
7. Grown Ups: I work alone and live in a culture where I don’t speak the language. At least one coffee or lunch with a friend each week is required to keep me sane.
What *8 Things are your self-care essentials? Grab a button and play along, or leave your link for this week’s list is the comments below. Thanks for reading!