This week’s *8 Things is brought to you by Chan,Â self-professedÂ “life-a-holic” Â who responded to my Ask Magpie request with the simple phrase “things you promise yourself.” Not things you promise your kids, or our spouse, or your mother.Â Just those things you promise yourself.
Usually my *8 Things list rolls of my tongue, but this one was a bit tricky. How about you? Is it easy or tough to come up with *8 Things you promise your own baby soul?Â Here’s what I finally came up with:
1. To stay in the room with my currentÂ meanie Gremlin (Food) until I get the upper hand, or we make peace, whichever comes first.
2. To never succumb to my illness.
3. To be okay with a certain lack of depth.
4. to embrace whimsy.
5. to not be beholden to the tyranny of proper grammar. (tru dat!)
6. to be madly in love with the bohemian ideal:
7. to be okay with underachievement.
8. to never stop writing.
What are your *8 Things? Grab a button and play along. Oh, and don’t forget to put the link to your list in the comments below. Cheers!