There’s a lot going on over here, and even now I hear the sound of my hubby vacuuming —unbidden!— downstairs. While he does the IRL housekeeping I’ll do the virtual stuff. Here’s what’s going on today in Magpie Girl world.
Are you coming on the Soulsister’s ’09 Retreat? Do you wish you were? Do you want to form your own tribe of soulsisters (or soulsiblings?) Follow our progress and learn our hopes here.
Fun & Helpful Twitter Play-a-Longs
Do you Tweet? So do I!Â I’m starting some fun new trends on Twitter.
- #gigglepics: photos to cheer you up or soothe your soul via TwitPic.
- #dailywhimsy: cheeky little tweets about the playful things we do to embrace whimsy.
- #dreamboards: do you dreamboard? share your results using links to your blog, Flickr, or Twitpic.
- #soulsisters: for those of us attending the first retreat and dreaming or forming the next one.
- #doless:join The DO LESS Revolution and learn to do what Leo Babatua calls “the fine art of choosing the essentials,” and achieve what I call “concentrated living.” (Plus, just feel better!)
- #soultribes: follow the “How to BuildÂ Your Soultribe” series and share ideas and plans with others.
- #*8Things: to share your weekly *8Things and see what others come up with. (It’s fascinating)
Wreck this Journal
Over at Starshyne Productions, my soulsister Jamie Ridler offers The Next Chapter — virtual book clubs for the arty at heart. Right now she’s encouraging us to make a mess with Keri Smith’s Â Wreck this Journal. Eden, Cate and I started wrecking ours two summers ago. But I’m working on finishing the demo now. Here’s my page for this week. The instructions were “cover this page with white things.” It’s doubling as this month’sdreamboard. My theme for the month is “be still. be now.”
Hope you all have a wonderful Saturday. Don’t do too much housekeeping…go outside and do something whimsical!