I’ve been thinking a lot lately about this turn ofÂ phrase I use with the girls and with clients — “standing in your own power.” I’m not even completely sure what I mean by it, but I know it is key.
I know it means not letting your internal authority be overruled by outside sources of authority (religious institutions, schools, “experts”).
I know it has to do with tapping into your intuition.
And I know it is the most essential thing I can teach my girls.
Someday I’d like to do a series of guest posts on this, asking wise souls to guide us. In the meantime here are *8Things I know about Standing in Your Own Power.
1. Defy institutions.
2. Correspond with The Muse.
3. Practice whimsy.
4. Breathe into yourÂ Manipura (solar plexus) chakra.
5. Write lists of things you know to be true.
6. Forget conventional wisdom.
7. Muscle test your decisions.
8. Live my this dictum: “What would you do today, if you knew you could not fail?” – Robert Schuller
What is your list for *8Things that help you stand in your own power? Let us know in the comments, or grab a button and play along. If you post on your list on your blog, please give us the permalinkin the Mr. Linky below so we can come say hi! Thanks for being here.