I can tell there is hard, boring work to be done because suddenly my GremlinsÂ are saying “If” a lot.Â “If only you had X you wouldn’t have to do Y.” It’s how they distract me from doing the tasks at hand. By whinning.
I’m going to try to turn whinning into a superpower by turning my major If’s into “If….then” clauses that might get me closer to my dream goals. Wanna play?
1. IF you had a start-up fund you would have the help you need for your small business. (THEN I’d betterÂ start reading Itty Biz Â because according to this interview, she is all about helping “single person business” getÂ rolling.)
2. IF I had unlimited fundsÂ all my clothes wouldÂ fit and be flattering. (THEN I’d better get rid ofÂ theÂ unflattering stuff and start building a wardrobe that flatters one piece at a time.)
3. IF I could, I would spend a good portion of each winter inÂ a sunny climate. (THEN I’d better get on some home exchange sites and see what we can work out.)
4. IF I was single I would never eat anything a but take-out and scrambled eggs for dinner. (THEN you better stop with the 50’s housewife “hot home cooked meal with two sides” crap and recognize that your family is fine with a bowl of spaghetti and someÂ sliced bell peppers.)
5. IF I had more time I wouldÂ swim every day. (THEN you better start realizing the time you have is the time you have, and choose toÂ make swimming a priority.)
6. IF my bike was working I would ride it more. (THEN you better find the spare keys, walk it to the bike shop, andÂ Â pump up the tires on Saturday.)
7. IFÂ I knew how, I would getÂ my readersÂ talking a little bit more. (THEN you better start trying different techniques/ideas and see whatÂ works.)
8. IF Â I could hire someone who could write code, I wouldn’t have to do so much manual fiddly work on my websites. (THEN you better start asking around to find out how to hire this mysterious person and how much it would cost.)
What is your list for *8Things : IF (THEN)? Let us know in the comments, or grab a button and play along. If you post on your list on your blog, please give us the permalinkÂ in the Mr. Linky below so we can come say hi! Thanks for being here.