When it comes to finding your power, a handy repeat-as-often-as-necessary exercise is to write a lit of things you know to be true.Â (Even Oprah does it.) I find that this list slips around a bit for me. So I like to do it a couple times a year. Here is my current list of:
Â *8Things: This I Know
1. I can succeed, even with chronic pain, ifÂ I define success by my own internally-identified terms.
2. As a mom, I kinda rock.
3. “Truth, Beauty, Freedom, and above all things, Love.”
4. You can love with your whole heart, no questions asked.Â (Jen Lemen said it, and I believe it.)
5. My gremlins are not testaments to truth telling, and therefore as witnesses, they can be ignored.
6. Art is my new church.
7. My family creates community wherever we go.
8. I can be married and be a self-actualized, happy, passion-following woman at the same time.
What areÂ the things you know, that you Know, that you KNOW? Â These are the boulders at the foundation you use to stand in your own power.Â Â List yourÂ Â *8Things: This IÂ KnowÂ in the comments, or grab a button and play along. If you post on your list on your blog, please give us the permalinkÂ in the Mr. Linky below so we can come say hi! Thanks for being here.