I have a one-track mind these days. Okay two tracks. Track One: survive the emotional tsunami that is getting the kids Back to School. Track Two: Pontificate about standing in your own power.
We’re playing second track for you today at Magpie Girl with *8Things That Help You Feel Powerful.
1. Reading writers who voice inspires mine. Anne Lamott. Stephaine Kallos. Sue Monk Kidd. Mary Oliver. These women help me return to my own trueÂ voice. (Maybe our Muse’s are first cousins?)
2. Listening to Mumford and Sons. Those boys are singing my song.
3.Â Walking around the house in myÂ low-cut blackÂ tankÂ and my black lace undies. (Not bad for 40.)
4. Nigiri. Something about raw fish powers up my brain and body and makes me feel STRONG.
5. Coaching moments where the energy is really flowing and the Muse is afoot. (My friend Josh calls me “The Sage” when that happen.)
6. Taking long strong strokes down the length of the swimming pool.
7. Warrior’s Pose.
8. Anything with cleavage.
Want to learn how to stand in your own power?Â It’s the last week to sign up forÂ Power Stories: tips and tales for standing in your own power.Â This 6 week online courseÂ helps youÂ learn to make confidentÂ right-fit decisions, and to live out of your own intuitive core.Â Begins Monday, Sept 13th.Â Click here for more information.