Here in Seattle it’s the first real week of Summer. School is finally out. The Solstice has just slipped past, and in the past few days we even felt some warmth on our shoulders. The weeks of Summer are scant, and the expectations to have fun-fun-super-fun can be huge. Let’s take a few moments together to capture a couple of Summer priorites.
*8Things: Not to Miss this Summer
1. Any time it’s over 80, I’m dropping everything so we can go swimming at one of our urban beaches.
2. Walking every night through our vegetable gardens. (Dad made me square-foot raised beds!)
3.Â Walking with the kids to the Farmer’s Market for fresh cheese, fruit pies, and local produce.
4. Hosting our annual 4th of July open house.
5. Kousin Kamp at my parent’s new island home with EIGHT cousins!
6. Yurt-camping with friends.
7. SeeingÂ the 21yo perform in his first profession show (WestÂ Side Story), and watching theÂ 11 and 13yoÂ sing tunes from Wicked at camp.
8. Eating outside as often as possible. (Who wouldn’t at this table?)
What about you? What *8Things do you intend to do with your one wild, precious summer?Â Grab a button and play along. If you put your list on your blog, give us the permalink in the Mr. Linky below. Thanks for playing. You inspire us!